Acronis Disk Director 12
Acronis Disk Director 12 includes powerful new features like Windows 10 support, Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support, spanning a volume across multiple disks and much more. The utility is a comprehensive set of hard drive management tools including partition management, Acronis Recovery Expert and the Acronis OS Selector that now has Windows 8 support. View the review and tutorial of Acronis Disk Director to create a bootable USB drive, make a new partition and dual boot Windows 7 and Vista.
The Acronis Disk Director is the ideal tool in combination with Acronis True Image backup. Acronis Disk Director Suite 12.0 is the easiest and most convenient partition manager and hard disk toolkit. It brings together the most popular disk management functions, partition recovery tools, and boot disk manager for Windows 10, Windows 8 and and some older versions of Windows.
Acronis Disk Director 12 adds new key features making it easier than ever before to modify your partition structure and boot new operating systems.
Some of the New Features of Disk Director 12:
- Add/break mirrored volumes - Adding mirrored volumes builds redundancy for greater fault tolerance.
- Clone disk to a replacement Hard Drive - No need to spend hours installing your old disk's operating system and applications. Disk cloning returns you to action on the new disk in just minutes.
- Dynamic disk support - Using Partition Management, carry out volume resizing, copying and other functions you'd perform with basic disks on Dynamic Disks too.
- Convert basic disk to dynamic and vice versa - As your requirements change, you can quickly convert between basic and dynamic disks in just moments.
- Span volume across multiple physical disks - Supports up to 32 disks.
- Convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa - Take advantage of GPT disks' ability to run partitions larger than 2TB with a quick conversion function
With Acronis Disk Director 12 you can:
- Resize, move and copy partitions without losing information, which helps you provide better organization and, most important, much better data safety in the event of a drive crash. It also lets you reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage and much more.
- Install multiple operating systems on your computer, which allows you to install 100 or more operating systems on one computer. You can boot an OS from any partition on any hard disk or have several operating systems on the same partition.
- Recover accidentally lost or deleted partitions, which allows you to reverse harmful changes to your hard disk and recover your partitions even if your operating system fails to boot.
- Perform advanced operations on your hard disk drive, such as restoring boot records, editing contents of hard disk sectors in different modes, viewing and editing Partition tables, FAT and NTFS partition boot sectors, root and other FAT folders.
- Automatic operating system detection with Acronis OS Selector detection tool — Detect operating systems that became unbootable due to some accidental reasons
- Boot from CD/DVD/USB — Insert a bootable CD/DVD/USB and it will automatically be detected and displayed as a boot option by Acronis OS Selector
- Merge partitions — Merge two partitions into one and leave your data untouched, even if file systems on the partitions are different
- Split partitions — Split one partition into two and leave your data intact
Acronis Disk Director 12 helps you manage your gigabytes of data fast and efficiently. Whether you need to upgrade your hard drive or dual boot your computer with different operating systems, the Disk Director is the tool to make any byte management task faster and easier than ever before. Check our reviews of the Disk Director to see this tool in action.
Was this info Useful? Share it with your friends!